Monday, December 8, 2008

7 Dec 08 - 1st and LAST speed-dating

i know it's late now but .. dunno why these few days i've the 'inspiration' to blog.. (fyi,if i dont ve the inspiration, i simply cant type beyond 1 sentence)

what a day today..
a farewell breakfast for my sis -> went to Standard Chartered Marathon to support my cell members (most of them are enthu marathoners) -> attended a speed-dating session (talked non-stop for 2hrs!! trust me i wun do it again!) -> joined another singles group at East Coast Park (intended to show face for dinner only cos i'm super duper tired, yet .. i just reached home at 12midnight!)

ok, abt the speed-dating session.. it was not my idea to go, but at a friend's invitation.. i have to say,it's fun to meet up with people (as usual) but it's super tiring to introduce for 11 rounds (or so) and to create intensive ice-breaking topics for each round! i know i can be friendly but it's no joking matter! i'm super exhausted by end of the session! in fact, i think i enjoy talking to this ger at my table more than that of to the guys.. she's a Catholic (see - i told u i've this affinity with Catholics), and she attends Church of Holy Spirit (my first experience of RCIA happened there)! .. How small can the world be? oh ya, there's another another Catholic in the guys group - he attends Christ The King! (Speaking of CTK , it reminds of my big family there.. what an honour to know them and to have journeyed with them.. i still miss them)

in case u r wondering what're my 'fruits' so far after joining these singles' outings..
well.. let's just put it that i'm not 'looking around'.. somehow i'm assured everything is in God's plan.. he will come when it's time for him to show up.. maybe he's already around, maybe he's away for now but i know there will be a time when i'm ready to accept and when he's ready to reveal himself.. for now, i just dun want to be 'active' in such affairs.. there're so much more i've to do as a single lady.. i enjoy being myself, flowing along with the group and even being the workaholic J..

moreover, i still have my list of requirements as my checklist :) when he who can fulfils my checklist shows up, i know that's the time.. if he does not share my vision in God, i'd rather be single and continue to wait.. i'd rather miss this person rather than missing God out. i've done this silly thing before and i dont want to do it again. Some lessons are too costly to learn again..

dont worry,you who read my blog will get to know when the time is here. have i kept anything fr you, anyway? :)

No comments: