Monday, December 8, 2008

8 Dec 08 - Christ The King SSC200 Carolling

it's been a cold (not just cool) day! just a short trip to AMK Hub, my limbs are freezing and my immune is dropping fast..

back in my room now after a hot bath, .. sounds of carol from the window.. i know where's it from.. i cant deny how much i want to go out in my sleeping attire to join them.. i joined them last yr-- it's a night like this where i just rushed out of my house to follow these sweet blessings.. i was invited into the house and then Bosco joined us when he came out to look for me.. it's from a Catholic family a level down from me.. they belong to CTK SSC200 group (it's like a cellgroup) That's how i got to know quite a few of them in CTK, prior RCIA journey.. pple wondered how a new inquirier got to know so many people in church before the journey..well, it's all because of carols..

listening to them now, how much I want to join them!! i know i can still join them, i miss Agnes, Katherine and Aaron (the 'official' music conductor) and his wife.. the kids, yes, the kids.. they are so obedient though playful.. And i can expect Katherine to ask me why i didn't join them.. cos she had given me the carol practice schedule way in advance in Feb08! Agnes will be interested to know how am i coping (she's really an guardian angel.. she lent me her shoulder to cry on when i was praying in tears alone after Mass, that's how i knew her) in fact, this group kept me going in my faith when i was alone during my cross-over.. they always kept me informed of their prayer meetings and gatherngs.. before RCIA class started, they even took turns to attend Mass with me after they knew i'm alone and Bosco was not around for me.. i really really miss them all..i really want to meet them but...

i know i'm contradicting myself by missing them yet not going down to meet them.. reason? i'm afraid i'll cry when i see them.. i know i will.. though i'm very comfortably planted into my church, my cellgroup but.. the warmth and love which these aunties had blessed me is much more than that.. (for those who are not familiar with Catholic SSC, these groups (cellgroups) are mostly aunties and uncles).. they are really so 'motherly', i can talk to them on any topic even when i was a stranger in my new church environment... listening to them now, i'm already fighting my tears.. how time flies.. last yr this time, i had such fun joining their carolling practices, even they knew I'm not Catholic..

argh!! i love you all SSC200! May your sweet carols continue to bless the old folks in homes.. May your love and warmth continue to bring joy to all around you! I love you all!!

No comments: