Friday, December 12, 2008

12 Dec 08 - Dreadful Fridays..

before i start.. i have to tell you: MY SISTER IS VERY BEAUTIFUL TONIGHT!! BRIGHTEST,ROUNDEST EVER! VERY VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL!!!
(my bro david said it's the roundest in past 8yrs or 9yrs..i forgot :p )

*****

prayer request -
i had a good discussion with my cellgroup leader last cg meeting.. i want to return serving in ministry.. i had enough rest when i was 'absent' from CHC.. as much as i wanted to restart slow, but i know i've to serve again.. let the new year be a new great year.

to my surprise,she told me to stay put. it's not that she dun let me serve, but.. she shared a vision abt me.. a 'greater' vision.. i was (still am) taken aback.. that is what i've always wanted to be.. but i just dun ve the faith to serve in that ministry, hence i've kept it to myself.. now that she's opening this vision again, i'm happy yet at the same time.. shaken.. i really dont know how i can serve in that area; all i want is to serve God, serve His people with all I know how. but what a great responsibility in that ministry.. even my buddy Alec dun 'dare' to take up that ministry calling yet..

pray for me, will you? i really need stronger faith to rise up to that calling.. anyway, i'll ve another discussion with her tmr.. pls pray for me..

*******

i just had a good facial appointment.. on friday night. my good colleague nagged at me for the whole day - why wld i arrange such thing on Friday night when i shld be going out, get to know new friends..

frankly, i wanted to... i wanted to shop, watch movies or even dancing.. but i'm tired of planning something to counteract my dreadful fridays.. i dun like fridays. i'd so much prefer Mondays so i can be at work, knowing it'll be a fruitful n challenging day to start the week.. i know i can join the singles' outing on friday nights if i dun want to plan.. but friday night.. is it not a night to spend with your special one,family or few good friends? it is times like this when i'd feel like doing something but doing nothing in the end.. despite the nagging, she still kept me company for dinner (what a good sport, right?)

on the way to my appointment, i saw this group of young girls on the bus.. all dressed up to club, to dance and sharing their 'dance knowledge' aloud. i smiled.. (they must had seen n known i'm earsdropping them).. those were the days - Nyx and I would meet after work to dance on every Wed, Fri n Sat; still be back in office on next morning for work (nyx n i were colleagues then).. As we dun dance with guys, Nyx was and still is my best n only dance partner so far.. we dance cos we love dancing, not because of 'fishing'.. but since she's gotten married, gone are those good wild days..

Fridays... sigh.. i think i'll rent VCDs to watch on Friday nights from next week onwards.. though i'll be home alone (my sisters usually out with their bfs; parents out to have their 'private time'), at least i still have my son-Hugo and Sydney with me.. that's why my Hugo is my boyfriend+lover+son :)

4 comments:

Doraemon said...

有梦想的人最幸福,因为她找到了人生的方向!愿意给自己努力的机会吗?去多认识新朋友吧!岁月无情,人有情!希望你未来的人生充满多姿多彩的故事!加油!不要放弃,要努力!破茧而出,从新(心)出发!我祝福你!

J said...

親愛的Doraemon.. (把你想像成小叮當)

人生的方向需要勇氣去努力..
自從憂鬱症,菁害怕接近人們甚至不敢在人群中說話.. 經過歲月的學習,現在的菁交際關係雖然好多了,但還是沒十足的勇氣去與新朋友做更多的接觸..
更何況,小組長對菁的期望是多麼需要神的大愛去服侍.. 菁懷疑自己是否能上任.. 在這方面,菁是無信的..

岁月无情,人有情..
菁期待那注定有情人的出現,但也懷疑自己是否可以再愛一次.. 看來他若真有情,那還真的要給予菁更多的鼓勵與關愛.. 可能嗎?

Doraemon said...

勇气能让你接受事实,面对未来。受了伤,要变得更坚强。受了骗,要变得更聪明。从失败中吸取经验,从悲伤中化为力量。

相信自己,罗马不是一天建成,激励自己,今天会比明天更好!从小处做起,‘振’装待发。

虽说未来是个未知数,但人因梦想而伟大,每个人的故事都由自己来写。能,爱的力量,无可限量,真情会在人间!打得开锁的往往是最后一把钥匙!

J said...

小叮當..外號取的真好..

菁和小叮當近日的溝通就如卡通裡面小叮當與大雄一樣: 小叮當一直在鼓勵大雄,大雄卻仍讓對自己的能力存有懷疑..

只是菁不想一直做大雄..
菁了解'罗马不是一天建成'的道理,所以還是選擇在另個施工服務,同時也希望在新的小組學習關愛..
若真是菁的宿命,神會安排一切,不是嗎?
HE IS JEHOVAH-JIREH!